Fairy Tail United!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fairy Tail! United We Stand! Together We Win!

HomeWhen In Doubt... EmptyLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Farewell
When In Doubt... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 6:53 pm by (Fairy Tail)DarkKing

» This ain't over yet.
When In Doubt... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 6:08 pm by (Fairy Tail)DarkKing

» Dude calls Fairy Tail 'Trash' and then gets DESTROYED by Petra! (WITH SCREENSHOTS)
When In Doubt... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 2:35 am by Gajeel_Redfox

» See ya guys.
When In Doubt... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 11:45 am by (Fairy Tail)Akita

» GFX signature shop
When In Doubt... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 10:40 am by (Fairy Tail)Dragon

» Leaving
When In Doubt... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 2:27 pm by (Fairy Tail) Gsky

» -Roster- Post Here if you are still interested in being a FT member- Roster-
When In Doubt... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 5:28 am by Deliora

» Good bye Happy
When In Doubt... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 11:54 pm by Happy The Cat

» Initial Test - (Fairy Tail) Heretic
When In Doubt... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 8:30 pm by Heretic

Forum Guide

Guild Rules
Chat Rules
Test Rubric
Test Rules
Test Info
Tester Rules
Duel Points
Tournaments
Dueling Network
Class Ranks
Konami Official Rule Book

When In Doubt...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Simbah
Lifeless
Lifeless
Simbah

When In Doubt... Empty
PostSubject: When In Doubt...   When In Doubt... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 6:00 pm

Just a thought, if we are in a duel with an admin and we disagree with a ruling (I know I've done it before [and have been correct] and they won't admit it), if the official ruling does not clear up the issue, we should be allowed to ask the DN administrators. Yes, this is directed at you, ChaoticSpectre. I took a judge test against him awhile back and bested him on a ruling. The official ruling did not clarify, and he rage quit when the DN admin sided with me. Ever since then, I have not been promoted, nor has anything been done to resolve this issue. I tried to keep reminding happy and yajima, and all I got was "you're driving me crazy" and "stop talking or you'll be booted from the forum" and other stuff like that. I would like to at the very least finish the test without being docked for duel points.
Back to top Go down
(Fairy Tail) Destiny
Lazy
Lazy
(Fairy Tail) Destiny

When In Doubt... Empty
PostSubject: Re: When In Doubt...   When In Doubt... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 8:30 pm

DN Admins aren't always correct on official rulings.
There have been multiple cases where they've been wrong.

For the rest of us to better understand the situation and solve this issue, why don't you post the scenario here. Ranting about how people have been unfair to you is useless.
Back to top Go down
Simbah
Lifeless
Lifeless
Simbah

When In Doubt... Empty
PostSubject: Re: When In Doubt...   When In Doubt... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 5:08 pm

so what happened, I attacked directly with unifrog while I controlled a face up ronintoadin in defense mode. He accepted the damage and I tried to do unifrog's effect to pop 1 back row card. He proceed to use fiendish chain, and I told him he couldn't because it was the damage step. Because unifrog has to deal damage to use his effect, it can't activate before the damage step, and because it's a when it deals damage effect, it is most likely substep 5 of the damage step. It is because fiendish chain has no timing that it cannot be activated. If it said something like "When your opponent's monster activates an effect..." or something similar, then you could.
Back to top Go down
(Fairy Tail) Yajima
Inattentive
Inattentive
(Fairy Tail) Yajima

When In Doubt... Empty
PostSubject: Re: When In Doubt...   When In Doubt... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 6:17 am

I would hope that an admin would understand the damage step i do not understand how this relates to us though, also Chaotic Spectre is not an admin so I do not really understand what you are talking about.

We obviously am not going to promote you just because you got a ruling right I am pretty confused about what you are talking about.

All people must pay duel points to get the Judge test...

Also I do not remember ever saying either of those quotes (since I did not say either of those quotes) but if I did you must of been being really annoying.

Your entire Paragraph is very confusing.
Back to top Go down
http://hummingbird.me/users/Somnificator/feed
(Fairy Tail) Destiny
Lazy
Lazy
(Fairy Tail) Destiny

When In Doubt... Empty
PostSubject: Re: When In Doubt...   When In Doubt... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 10:18 am

Simbah wrote:
so what happened, I attacked directly with unifrog while I controlled a face up ronintoadin in defense mode.  He accepted the damage and I tried to do unifrog's effect to pop 1 back row card.  He proceed to use fiendish chain, and I told him he couldn't because it was the damage step.  Because unifrog has to deal damage to use his effect, it can't activate before the damage step, and because it's a when it deals damage effect, it is most likely substep 5 of the damage step.  It is because fiendish chain has no timing that it cannot be activated.  If it said something like "When your opponent's monster activates an effect..." or something similar, then you could.

You need to re-read what you wrote and fix that paragraph.

Unifrog's effect type is a speed spell one (optional trigger effect).
Fiendish Chain is a speed spell two trap card.
Fiendish chain can be activated as a response to unifrog's trigger effect creating a chain link.
Unless you had another card effect that negates fiendish chain, the chain resolves backwards.

Fiendish chain negates the unifrog's effect.

Unless you can prove to me otherwise, I have no reason to believe that the admin of Dn and ChaoticSpectre was wrong.

You can't get promoted unless you pay DP to take the test. Unless by promote, you meant move up in ranks. Either way you would have to pay DP which is earned through out DP system.
Back to top Go down
(Fairy Tail)FairyLaw
Lazy
Lazy
(Fairy Tail)FairyLaw

When In Doubt... Empty
PostSubject: Re: When In Doubt...   When In Doubt... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 11:59 am

umm destiny http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Breakdown_of_the_Battle_Phase read this, Simbah is correct< Unifrog's effect would take place during damage step in substep Five. and thus fiendish chain can NOT be activated in response to Unifrog's effect.

Unifrog attacks -> unifrog attack declareation is successful -> enters damage step Substep 1: Start of the Damage Step because it attacked direcly skip -> Substep 3: Before damage calculation adjust atk/def if required Substep 4: During damage calculation ->Substep 5: Battle damage - after damage calculation->Substep 6: Resolve effects->Substep 7: End of the Damage Step - monsters destroyed by battle are sent to the Graveyard. at this point fiendish chain can activate however will NOT save the targeted card targeted by unifrog
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheLunarForce
(Fairy Tail) Destiny
Lazy
Lazy
(Fairy Tail) Destiny

When In Doubt... Empty
PostSubject: Re: When In Doubt...   When In Doubt... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 12:30 pm

We'll I learned you can't activate other trap card effects other than flash bang in substep 5. Gg no re. Then again I am human and as I've stated before, so is chaoticsceptre and the DN admin.

I want to hear both sides of the story.
Back to top Go down
Simbah
Lifeless
Lifeless
Simbah

When In Doubt... Empty
PostSubject: Re: When In Doubt...   When In Doubt... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 3:33 pm

As it turned out, the admin after the fact were not sure, and consulted between each other.
They deemed what I stated to be true and that Chaotic Spectre was wrong.

The reason it did not require duel points was because this was prior to establishing duel points, hence, they did not exist at the time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

When In Doubt... Empty
PostSubject: Re: When In Doubt...   When In Doubt... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When In Doubt...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fairy Tail United! :: Discussions :: Rulings Discussions-
Jump to: